What is the best way to maintain my beautiful headwraps?
Satin is beautiful when it is well taken care of. One of the best ways to take care of your satin material is by keeping it clean and getting rid of stains as quickly as possible. This can help to ensure that the product maintains its fresh looks.
It really depends on how often you wear your satin head wraps and also the amount of oil/ hair products you use. You should protect your hair with satin or silk every day. If you wear your head wrap nightly, then two weeks should be a good time frame to give it a good wash.
We recommend sticking to detergents formulated for sensitive skin to prevent forehead breakouts or rashes from heavily scented soaps. For an incredibly mild wash, consider hand washing with a combination of castile soap and baking soap.
How to wash your headwraps?
If you are wearing a headwrap for the first time, you may wonder how to care for it and wash it. Headwraps often require special care to ensure that your wraps stay looking great. Here are some quick and easy tips on how to care for your headwraps!
There are 2 ways for reference to wash your head wraps :
1.) Washing Machine :
* When washing your head wraps in your washing machine, always use cold water.
* Select your machine's delicate cycle when washing your headwraps.
* To dry, shape your hats on a towel and allow them to air dry.
* Putting headwraps with elastic in the dryer can dry out the elastic, causing it to break.
* Do not bleach your headwrap.
2.) Hand Washing :
* Hand wash (Highly Recommend) or wash on delicate cycle in cold water
* Wash with a gentle detergent and if hand washing let the head wrap soak in sudsy water for at least 5 minutes and squeeze and rinse thoroughly in cold water
* DO NOT wring or twist bonnet, as it will lose its shape
* Air dry bonnet
If you are hand washing then a gentle laundry soap like Woolite will do the trick. You do not want to use any harsh chemicals on the fabric as those will only ruin them. Gentle handling is also called for when hand washing.
Handwashing is always the best and safest method for washing satin. For most professionals,hand washing is the preferred option when it comes to caring for the satin. This is because it is gentler to the fabric than machine wash. Hand washing will also ensure that your satin remains shiny for a long time.
Whether you hand wash or machine wash, the best temperatures to use are either cool or cold water. Anything hotter than that and you are taking a chance of shrinking those satin materials.
To maintain the shine of satin fabric protect from direct sunlight. Avoiding squeezing the satin fabric after wash because it reduces its original shape and size.
Once cleaned, head wraps should be stored in our beautiful golden pouch for next time use. This would protect them from any other damage that could come their way.